Tuesday, March 10, 2009

 

Day 1115 - Loafing around

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Here is my mother, holding the biggest loaf of Italian bread I've ever seen, purchased at a local bakery in Providence.

It is called 'Italian french bread'. I guess because it is as long as a baguette, but thick and crusty like Italian bread.

The crust was very hard, and the inside was yeasty with a lot of holes. (Charlie doesn't think bread should be tough, but I gently disagree!)

My sister made 'Chourico and beans', which is made from portuguese sausage, spices, potatoes, kidney beans, and red sauce, simmered on the stove. Crusty bread is a perfect accompaniment to soak up the delicious sauce. Read about 'chourico' if you want to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorizo

We demolished it, no leftovers... Okay, now I'm hungry and it's all my own fault.

Changing subjects, we may set a record high today. It is expected to be 80 degrees this afternoon, then 40's and 50's the next several days. The pear and cherry trees and forsythias are in bloom! It's too early!

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
Good for you, Karen, spelling chourico! Yes, the chourico and beans were delicious. Sometimes Lyn uses green beans in place of kidney beans--either way it is sumptuous, including the bread! It was such a full weekend that I barely did anything yesterday except shop for food. I needed to relax and think about our darling 1 yr old, Savi, so adorable and cute!
 
I want chourico and beans too!!! That huge bread is great! ha!
 
Hey, I learned something today--chourico is portugese sausage as opposed to Spanish chorizo. I always thought they were the same thing, but good! Now I'm hungry!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?