Monday, March 02, 2009

 

Day 1107 - Snow II


Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

I hear that New England is getting a foot of snow from the same storm that gave us 4 inches of snow!

Lucky for ME that I don't fly out until Thursday night - they should have things clear by then.

I think it's a good opportunity to post this picture of Savannah, crying in the snow, poor thing.

Appropriate for a Monday, too! That's how I feel on Mondays, Savannah! Boo hoo!

We did go to the health club yesterday, and we did go see 'Taken', and enjoyed it! Pretty violent, of course, but overall a good movie. Hey - what do your matinees cost? Ours have gone up to $7, and they don't give a discount off that for seniors anymore.

Another memorable note from yesterday - I dropped one of my necklaces down the drain in our guest bath. I had set it on the sink to brush out my hair and my brush (not my hand, of course) knocked it into the sink. I scrambled to catch it, and tried to prevent it from slipping further in by trying to use tweezers to get it.

Anyway, long story short - Charlie came to the rescue! Thank you, Charlie! He had to take out the sink stopper (not as easy as it sounds) and use his stainless steel fishing gadget to retrieve it (some kind of long clamp thing that he uses to take fish hooks out of the fish).

Have a nice Monday, and be careful in the snow! I gotta go!

Comments:
my poor little cold boogie. School is cancelled today and I'm not going out in this icky stuff. We haven't gotten that much yet, but it's coming! (not much meaning only about 6"...but it's blowing around too) I'll be happy when the warm weather is here again!
 
Charlie to the rescue. Did you hear that news story about the women whose $75,000 ring went down the drain in a restaurant. The plumbers had to tear up the floor to get it. The ring lady paid for the plumbers.
 
It's good to have a man around the house. If that happened to me I'd have to call a handyman.

Savi in snow--I liked the sequence of the snowsuit photos on flickr--happy and expectant to what the ---- am doing out here? (please excuse me if I said this the last time this photo was shown!)
 
Savi is crying for the rest of us! Actually we've only had 6" of snow today, according to the weather reports. Gil tells me it's cold out there. I agree with Nancy, it's good to have a man around the house. I only went out to sweep the front steps so I could lean over and put a card in the mailbox for my sister, Martha's 65th birthday on March 8. Lots of birthdays this month--Savi on the 6th, Emily on the 19th and Allison on the 21st, and Brenda on the 19th, also. Grand-niece, Morgan's, is the 6th!
 
Peggy, I sent Martha a card but didn't realize it's 65! Wow.

March is a popular month (mmm--June was jumping!) Also, my mother was born on March 3 and brother Sid on March 6.
 
PS Margaret's birthday is March 16-just missed St Patrick's day!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?