Thursday, March 26, 2009

 

1131 - Groundhog day? It keeps happening!

Greetings, Bloggies! It's Friday eve!

Here's another picture of Savannah from her birthday weekend.

Yes, I got her that jester hat, thank you for asking. She is soooo cute!

Changing subjects -

It feels like groundhog day (the movie, actually) because....

We're meeting Buddy Joe at the Cajun Steamer for dinner tonight after we work out! Hooray!

There are still SOOO many things on the menu I haven't tried!

Tonight might be Oysters Rockefeller or a Po-Boy... or Oysters Rockefeller and gumbo... or fried oysters and gumbo...

I told a girl at work that we had gone back there for the third time. She said I might need therapy. I 'might' mention we are going AGAIN tonight.

But first, I need to go buy gas for the car, work all day, and go to the health club to work out!

TTFN and have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
Hey, Sis, eat one of them there oysters for me! I actually never ate an oyster. Not planning to, but you can have mine!

I remember a classic children's poem where an oyster and some other creature are walking on a beach, and it becomes increasingly obvious that the oyster will be dinner for the other guy, but the oyster doesn't seem to get it. I hated that creepy poem! Do you know the one I am referring to? I think Mom used to read it to us.
A good lesson in life. Don't trust anybody who might want you for dinner. Literally.
 
Well, what do you know? It is The Walrus and the Carpenter, as originally found in Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee ask Alice if she likes poetry, and she says, well, I guess so...
 
The book read to you Lyn may be the same book our mother read to us (is it Peggy?) and I read to my son. I still have it. Little Orphan Annie was the best story.

I love oysters raw, fried or barbecued. One of my favorite things is to go to Tomales Bay in Marin County and eat oysters barbecued on the patio, while sitting next to the Bay.
 
Can't get into Oysters. Looks like a big snot on a shell. No thanks.

Can't belive you are going there AGAIN! I just might have to drive down just for DINNER if the place is that good!!! LOL!
Mike leaves at midnight to head over to S. Carolina for a big show. Won't be home till Monday, at some point. Jen is sleeping at Michelle's tomorrow night (babysitting) then I'm taking Jen shopping Saturday for a prom dress. Sunday we will clean the school for Mike as best we can. Fun weekend!!! =) haha.
I am also going to try the 'cry it out' thing with the baby this weekend. She has to learn how to soothe herself to sleep without me. She wakes up every 1-2 hours all night long and it's killing me. Letting her cry is gonna kill me too, but hopefully it will work. That starts tomorrow night. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?