Thursday, February 26, 2009

 

Day 1103 - Thursday and Survivor night!


Greetings, Bloggy Sure-Happy-Its-Thursdayers!

Check out sweet Savi looking up at us! Can't wait to see her in just over a week.

We are ONE week plus ONE day away from Savannah turning ONE! (Next Friday).

Sooooo - what's going on?

I had strange dreams last night, and I'll tell just a few details that I remember.

First - in MY dreams I usually have some kind of challenge or navigation issue.

I was on a vacation and had a room at this country cottage-motel kind of place with a grassy lawn on a bluff.

The people were so thick on the grass that I had to walk very close to the cliff edge to get by, stepping over people. When I got to the front desk, the route to my room was also blocked, because they had set up a food bar/buffet there. I decided to go back outside and around the building, but a kind staff member let me through.

Walking down the hallway to my room, I passed another staff member who was hanging up a photo next to her cash register. The photo was of a character (Inquisitor Glockta - an interrogator who was a former P.O.W. and heavily tortured) who I have been reading about in the trilogy I am reading right now.

She said that he had invented this 'heart staple' that had saved her life. I said something like 'he is enterprising, isn't he?'

It is very rare for me to incorporate a character from a book I am reading into my dreams, by the way!

Last bit - there were two bonfires on the beach that nobody was really tending, and sparks and twigs (sticks, actually) were flying from it that I was concerned would start a fire in the beach grass, etc.

Well, I think that's enough blathering about my dream last night - I have to go!! TTFN!

Comments:
I cannot believe my little boogie is going to be 1 already! Where did this year go?? I swear I'll be sending her off to college tomorrow. =( goes too fast.
I've had some really strange dreams lately too, but I don't remember enough to explain them. I just FEEL wierd when I wake up...I hate that. I love crazy dreams though. I love VIVID dreams, even when they are scary. I just wish, if I was going to feel icky after, that I'd remember all the cool stuff that made me feel like that! ha!
 
One week and a day to Savi's 1st Birthday! The time has gone fast, and can't wait for this week to go fast also! Karen, you always have such imaginative dreams! Maybe dreaming about a character in a book means you should start writing your own books! I had a nightmare last night that some bad animals--they looked more like cartoon characters with spikes on their skin--were attacking Gil, so I was kicking one of these animals against a wall which is when Gil woke me up. What am i protecting him from, I have no idea!
 
Maybe dreaming is a family trait! I have always had wild and crazy dreams, some terrible. I remember when I was about 12 or 13 (or maybe younger) reading crime magazines the miners had left in a shed at the quarry behind the farm (yes they used to mine feldspar there) and having awful nightmares about people in shallow graves, etc.
I see dreaming as positive--I believe I work out all my fears and anxieties in my dreams and therefore don't have any physical manifestations (stomach upset headaches etc) of stress.
AND, I am DREAMING OF MEETING SAVI SOMEDAY!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?