Monday, February 23, 2009

 

Day 1100 - Monday Moaning

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

Well, I have a 'blah' for ya.

I sat down.

I gathered my paperwork.

I took out last years tax return for an example.

I borrowed Charlies calculator.

I filled in the blanks.

I calculated sales tax, property tax, mortgage interest, charitable contributions, blah blah blah.

I OWE the IRS $189.89

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I must need to adjust my withholding at work. Most people would say 'Oh no, Karen, that's a good thing to come out almost even. Why let the government hold on to money all year that they owe you?'

Well, they have a point, but when you are used to getting a refund, it stings.

Ah well, I hope YOU have a nice Monday while I feel sorry for myself. I don't think I'll be sending in my return until the very last day.

TTFN!


Comments:
That's awful! We would owe too if it weren't for the kids...the one time of the year they don't COST us money.
 
I'm with you, Karen. I like getting a refund; so what if the government has my money for awhile-it's not like I'm going to earn anything from it in the bank or stocks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?