Friday, February 20, 2009

 

Day 1097 - Happy Birthday, Heather!

Happy Birthday, Heather!

How lucky that it's also Friday...

Okay everybody, march in a circle chanting 'Heather! Birthday! Heather! Birthday!'

Here is the fanciest home-birthday-party cake I've ever seen, my friend Daphne assembled and decorated it for her 1-year-olds birthday.

Heather's favorite cake (as far as I know) is chocolate cheesecake. Better drive to Greggs, Heather, and get some!

Heather's favorite restaurant? Probably the Nordic Lodge!

I mailed Heathers card at the post office on Monday (which was a holiday) - I hope it arrives today!

One of my favorite 'Heather' stories is when she 'lost' her eyebrows... Tell us more! Tell us more!

'Mom! Mom! My eyebrows are gone!', Heather wailed one morning.

Upon closer inspection, her hydrogen-peroxide-based face cleansing routine had bleached her eyebrows so light that they couldn't be seen. She had to clean around her eyebrows after that.

I've always wanted to send that story to Readers Digest, I would think they'd buy it.

Happy Birthday, Heather! I'll see you and the girls in two weeks!


Comments:
That cake is amazing! Send me one =) Maybe I'll make it for Savi's bday...although mine will be crooked and dented and all beat up.
So my bday as started out wonderfully. Awake from midnight to just recently with Savi. I'm taking her to see her doc. today. I don't think teething should be this insanely painful! She just screams inconsolably for hours. It's awful and exhausting for both of us.
As long as she is ok enough, I have a sitter for tomorrow so Mike and I can go out for dinner with some friends. Yay!! And THEN, I have DEMANDED that we have a REAL family portrait taken for my bday. I'm scheduling at Sears, I think, sometime during the week. That will be the best bday gift for me! =)
 
Oh, and Greggs doesnt have chocolate cheesecake anymore =(
 
Happy Birthday Heather, hope Savi gets better soon. Have a good night out.
 
Happy Birthday, Heather!! Let us know what the Doctor has to say about our little Savi's pain! So sorry for you both (and Mike,too--no sleep). So happy we'll be seeing all of you in 2 weeks. And look forward to the family portrait! Cute story about loosing your eyebrows, Heather! Another story, rather horrific, is when you found a rabbit near death in the back yard, and you were asking me to "Save it, Grammy!" I explained that it was too far gone with skin ripped off by some animal, and you said "Well God can save it!" That didn't happen but it reminds me of the faith of a child!
 
Happy Birthday, Heather, and so sorry you're not getting any sleep and that little Savi is in so much pain! I hope you will be able to have a celebration with Mike.

The eyebrow story is funny--a related story involves my brother Al's wife, who is of Swedish background and has no noticeable eyebrows or eyelashes without pencil/mascara. So every morning (55 years so far!), she gets up before Al and puts on eyebrow pencil and mascara. Is that devotion or what?
 
Thanks everyone! The doc said that she doesn't see any reason to worry yet. She thinks that Savi is teething with several teeth coming through and recommended more tylenol than the minimum dose I was giving. not much else to do but wait.
 
Happy Birthday Heather with love from Lyn and Steve and Mickey and Minnie...yes, Heather as it turns out, you could have entered Disney World for free today - we paid 80 bucks each, not including parking!
Wow!
It was my first time there. SO many people!!!!
But I just had to see Small World. It was wonderful.
See everyone soon...xo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?