Thursday, February 19, 2009

 

Day 1096 - Rollin' at Retirement Speed

Greetings, Bloggy Can't Wait for the Weekend-ers!

This will be quick so I can hit the road a bit early this morning...

I told Charlie this morning that he was 'shaving at the speed of retirement' (meaning slowly). He knows I'm just jealous, and I admit it.

I look forward to the day when I can get up at 6 instead of 5, go to the health club every day and swim, shop a little, travel a lot. Like that blissful few months when I was unemployed...

However, the stock market might very well have nipped my early retirement plans in the bud. *sigh* I don't open my statements, and haven't since the market tanked. That means I don't know how poor I really am! Ha!

HEY - what is UP with the price of oil being so low and gas prices RISING? What the &^%$? Gas ought to be 99 cents a gallon instead of twice that. Someone is screwing us over. Gripe gripe gripe.

Anybody seen any good movies lately? Was 'Taken' any good?

Gotta go - talk among yourselves via the comments. TTFN!

Comments:
I liked Slumdog Millionaire. The Wrestler was hard to watch.
 
Oh, and I really liked Gran Torino.
 
We liked Slumdog Millionaire, too. Benjamin Button's story was so contrived, it detracted from the movie which had good photography, make up, acting. Gil wants to see Gran Torino which is still at our neighborhood theatre., We had to go to Lewiston for Slumdog (stadium seating, even, Wow!). Yes, we're seeing another example of the disconnect between oil prices on the stock market and gasoline prices at the pump. Now prices are rising because there's too much oil, and previously not enough oil. Who are they trying to kid? Now that we are retired, we do read our stock market statements with great dismay! I'm sorry our assets are not all in the bank! We need those pictures of little Savi every day to put a smile on our faces and happiness in our hearts! I keep thinking of the one where Savi is keeping one of the puppies at arm's length, as if to say "Don't you know whose boss around here?"
 
hi everyone! i'm with Charlie today..only I'm moving at the speed of sick Mamma with non-sleeping baby. ugh.
 
I haven't seen any of the new movies even though I have three theaters within a 6 block radius of my home and even more not far from my office. But plan to see them sometime!

Yes, my retirement plans have changed also. I'm still retiring at normal retirement age (not early like you want to do, Karen!)but thinking I'll be living on just social security after a few years and limiting my lifestyle. At least Maine is cheaper than San Francisco, but the Portland area probably won't be cheap. As long as I'm alive and well, with family, everything will be fine.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?