Thursday, February 05, 2009

 

Day 1082 - Pam on a hot tin pan



Greetings, Bloggy Buy-it-by-the-case shoppers!

I went to the health club at lunchtime yesterday to swim. First story - the pool manager was in the lifeguard stand. There isn't usually a lifeguard there at that time.

The pool manager said there's a new regulation that they HAVE to have a lifeguard there when the pool is open. Gee - that will cost them a bunch! I wonder if that applies to hotel pools also?

Anyway - remember that yesterday I was complaining about liking a product, then not being able to find it? WELL, I am not alone!

One of the staff at the health club just 'out of the blue' started telling me a story about her grandmother (the grandmother is probably my age).

Her grandmother likes to use high-heat capable non-stick cooking spray when she's cooking. Her grandmother had just ordered a case of it online, because her grocery store wasn't carrying it anymore! How relevant to yesterdays blog!

I had never heard of the stuff, but did some research and found that Pam makes one of them.

http://www.pam4you.com/pages/products/professional/index.jsp

I use a lot of non-stick spray, and it is true that the 'regular' kind turns brown when you use it on a really hot pan.

So, the moral of the story is - when you can't find it anymore- it's available on the web! By the way - I also ordered a case of freeze dried fruit packs yesterday. Grandma and I are on the same page...

TTFN!


Comments:
Hi all! It's crazy cold today. ewww! Just got the baby up from her nap. No fun stuff going on today. Just hanging around! Sold another pup last night so we are down to 3. Yay!!!
 
Karen you are a grandma too.

My pool days are over for awhile, so I cancelled my expensive gym with pool and joined 24 hour fitness (haven't been yet though). I have a neck issue (aging and occupational). Phyical therapist said for now the head turning, swim strokes not good--and I believe the injury that sent me to the hospital in excrutiating pain in November resulted from an agressive butterfly stroke. (I'll miss it--I was even practicing the Michael Phelps dolphin kick.)
 
Sorry to hear that, Nancy! xxx
 
Enjoyed the blog, Karen. I'll try to comment earlier tomorrow. Nancy, ask about the aquacizes classes where you are in the pool using a kick board, but not turning you head back and forth. A lot of treading water as I remember it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?