Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

Day 1073 - Gimme a swig of that deceptive advertising!

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

I buy V8 juice - the low sodium variety.

I really did believe it would be good for me to drink a can a day, though I might drink about a can every few days.

I listened to the commercials, and believed.

I bopped myself on the head saying 'I coulda had a V8'.

I read the 'Heart Healthy' labeling on the bottle, and believed.

It says '100% vegetable juice' on the label too.

And after I read the can carefully yesterday, I am not nearly as thrilled about my trip down veggie juice road...

Do you know that a soda-can sized can of V8 contains 8 grams of SUGAR, and that is the equivalent of two teaspoons?

Holy smokes, Batman! Why do they put sugar in 100% vegetable juice?

*&^%$# (that is a swear).

I feel betrayed. I don't buy juice for Charlie that has sugar added to it, and here I go, telling myself it would be good for me to drink V8 juice.

I feel a letter to the manufacturer coming on....

TTFN and read those labels!


Comments:
Are you sure its added sugar and not from the super sweet carrots in the juice? (among other sweet veggies) I love love love V8!

I am taking Savi to the Prov. Children's Museum today. We are meeting a few other women and their kids this afternoon. I'll have lunch at the bar w/ Evan first since it's right next to the museum. Should be a fun afternoon! Savi will LOVE all the cool stuff at the museum, but probably even more, will love all the other babies!
 
Wow, Heather! You certainly know how to bring all kinds of experiences to baby Savi--good for you! I didn't get to the blog yesterday and that is such a cute picture of Savi clapping her hands! And Karen, Yes, it's annoying to find ingredients you didn't expect, but I agree with Heather, that might be the natural sugar of the vegetables! And 8 grams--how much sugar is in one beer? Probably more. No I'm not preaching temperance, but just making a comparison! Sorry to hear Vanderbuilt lost the game. I suppose you are going to watch the Superbowl. We're going up to Mary Ann and Ray's and I'm bringing teriyaki chicken wings per Karen's famous recipe! I'll probably cheer for Arizona, altho both teams are tough to beat!
 
Savi had a great time at the museum. She couldn't stand still...just kept running from place to place yelling and clapping her hands. so fun!!
 
See - everyone's brainwashed into thinking V8 is wonderful! Just kidding, I'm not going to stop drinking it, but one of the listed ingredients is sugar. If it was veggie sugar, it wouldn't be listed in the ingredients.
 
oh, it's an INGREDIENT! Well, I happen to LOVE sugar with my veggies, thank you. =)
 
"I feel a letter to the manufacturer coming on...." and a few pounds too! (Couldn't resist dear Karen).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?