Friday, January 16, 2009

 

Day 1062 - Ice, Ice, Baby...

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday! You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Actually, you might need to SKATE in a circle. It is a bitter FIVE DEGREES here in Tennessee! Brrrr!

I hope Charlie's bees can stay warm in their hive. At least I think it will be sunny, so my CAR won't get so cold outside at work.

Changing subjects - I got a new standing lamp yesterday at Goodwill that looks like 'Doc Oc' of spiderman fame.

The lamp has several 'tentacles' that you put the lightbulbs in, and you can bend them any way you want to get your 'desired lighting effect'. The shades kind of resemble tulips.

So - what did that set me back for a brand new lamp from Target, still in the box? $5.99.

Hey - I found it on Amazon.com (but it is provided by Target) for $20. It is called a 'Five head floor lamp'. Delicate name...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WUXQA4/ref=asc_df_B000WUXQA4685812?smid=A1VC38T7YXB528&tag=dealt5187-20&linkCode=asn

Have a nice day everyone, and a nice weekend! Stay warm!


Comments:
Computer 'finished' dying after I wrote on the blog yesterday. Had to buy a new one. Double grrrrrrr!!!
 
So sorry, Heather. These "toys" are very expensive. And so sorry you lost so much information, but glad flikr pictures are not lost! Karen, I thought I saw a forecast for 5 degrees in Nashville, but I dismissed it thinking it couldn't be that cold in the Sunny South. We were 32 below zero this morning but it warmed up to zero. Brenda, just 15 miles away said it was 15 below there. We haven't ventured out today except I brought in wood from the garage where it is stacked, as Gil cannot lift this kind of weight yet, however he is back to normal otherwise which is very very good news. Warmer days ahead!
 
Wow -- 5 degrees in Nashville, 32 below in South Paris! I'm not going to say what it is here--

And what about those people on the plane who wound up in the Hudson? double brrrr but they're alive.

Sorry about the computer--grateful you have flickr so Savi didn't get erased!
 
I would have been devastated if it wasnt for flickr!!!!!!
 
Advice to all including myself - back up your pictures and files on CDs if you don't have another way.

xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?