Sunday, January 11, 2009

 

Day 1057 - Football weekend

Greetings, Bloggy Tailgaters!

We had a really nice time with TY and SY at our house yesterday, doing some indoor tailgating during the Titans game.

Let's see - I might forget a few things but we had...

Hot foods were Hot Velveeta/Rotel dip with organic tortilla chips and chicken meatballs with pineapple and teriyaki sauce.

We had guacamole (Wholly guacamole brand), peach-pineapple-chipotle salsa, Fritos and Sunchips and Kettle-style potato chips, Trader Joes cranberry goat cheese (outrageously good) with Triscuits and wheat Ritz crackers, a relish tray with tiny pickles, a variety of olives, nuts, figs and dates, a veggie tray, and some fried and dried vegetables that you can use to dip with too.

Lets not forget beer and wine. We never made it to the rotisserie chicken and ice cream I had for 'later' - 'later' never came.

Unfortunately, the Titans lost, due to some really badly-timed fumbles. Sheesh. Guess I'll put my Titans jersey away till next year.

We'll do a little less of that today, because we're still full from yesterday!

Have a great Sunday - Heather and Gil - I hope you're feeling better!


Comments:
What a feast! Long time since I've heard of Velveeta dip--what is Rotel? I love goat cheese but cranberry? I won't knock it till I try it!
So sorry about the Titans! At least you had comfort food to ease the pain (except in your stomachs!)

Marcia, funn-eee about the echo!
 
Rotel is a canned mix of diced tomatoes and mild green chilis. I use Rotel to make chili. Good for other stuff, too.
 
The Titans game was a nail-biter for sure! They played a god game, just some really crappy injuries and the fumbles..ouch! oh well!!!

and yes, i'm feeling better!
 
Gil is feeling better, too! Sorry the Titans lost--we did not watch it. Instead Rusty and Brenda were here to clear the driveway of snow, and later I went snowshoeing out in the back field on my new snowshoes from Christmas. Gil had to pass up going with me. Not that well!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?