Thursday, January 08, 2009

 

Day 1054 - Spending Money to Save Money?

Greetings, Bloggy Waitin' for the Weekenders!

Whassup with gas prices, readers? They are supposed to be going DOWN, not up!

I heard on the news that they are expecting gas to go back up to the $2 range. Whassup with that?

Other grades of gas and home heating oil didn't even come down all that much, particularly diesel gas.

We got a propane delivery this week - $700. I don't think the price of propane came down very much.

Gripe gripe gripe, moan moan moan.

So anyway - before I started griping about the price of fuel, I was actually going to try to understand my motivation, spending $75 a year for Sams and Costco memberships.

YES, I love to shop.

YES, the gas prices there are a few cents cheaper per gallon.

YES, I can get good deals on food items there in bulk.

YES, I can get good prices on things like light bulbs and batteries.

However, I am not quite sure overall how much SPENDING that money in order to SAVE money is working... I am sure we come out on the positive side, but how MUCH on the positive side? No clue.

TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
hmmm, good question Mamma. I have memberships too that cost a fortune every year...but do I shop at those places enough to justify it or do I just THINK that I need them and am saving $$?? who knows, but now I'll be wondering. haha!
Everyone check out the new Savi video...Nancy, she's waving for you near the end. haha! =)
 
Heather, still cannot access videos, I have to ask helpdesk--maybe tomorrow. I love Savi in grey too--what a cute outfit.

Peggy sorry to hear about your ordeal, driving in the snow. Funny comment by Marcia that you have to learn how to use the snowblower. When I move to Maine I'll be by myself so hopefully will find some kind neighbor to help with snow stuff.
 
Time for a 4-wheel drive!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?