Wednesday, January 07, 2009

 

Day 1053 - Midweek and Midlife



Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here is adorable Miss Savannah in her 'Baby Girl' jogging outfit. (that's what I always call her mother, by the way)

Appendix report - Gilbert is already home and I spoke to him on the phone yesterday. He sounded good, and was also surprised the hospital didn't keep him longer!

Is todays hospital policy 'Take it out and kick 'em out?'

No disrespect intended, but it is shocking that they can do surgery, take out something inside you and send you home the next morning! Eeek!

Gotta make this short, my overnight jobs haven't finished this morning.

TTFN!


Comments:
Yep, that's the hospital policy! They shipped Dad out right after his surgery and he'd just had a stroke. No concerns, no 'watching' kind of period. Just cut and toss. It's not the hospitals, though, of course. It's the insurance who refuses to PAY for the hospitals. Ridiculous!!
 
Gil says thanks for your concern--he's not really comfortable yet but sees the doctor in the morning at 9am. Because he can't drive for 2 wks, I had to drive to Portland with my precious cargo, daughter, Marcia, in today's snow storm! We made it OK, and Marcia just called that she is back home safe and sound. It really helped to have her here through all of this--it calmed my nerves some! Gil and I both think Savannah looks really good in grey. That is so cute how she loves to scooch down to look at the puppies.
 
Mom did a great job driving in the snow, and also did a good job taking care of Gil. I had a good time with them despite the emergency surgery; we were relieved that it turned out to be his appendix. And Gil was very positive and upbeat. As I traveled south today I went through snow which turned to sleet and then to rain, and then landed back here where the weather is pretty warm and no rain at all. I bet that tomorrow Mom is going to learn to use the snowblower.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?