Thursday, January 01, 2009

 

Day 1047 - Happy New Year!

Greetings, Bloggy 2009-ers!

This picture of Savannah expresses how many of us may feel today after staying up late last night.

SOME OF US may have even napped a little during the evening while we had company. Uh... that would be me.

Let me start the New Year by saying that there is nothing worse than the New Years Eve countdown shows on television. They are absolutely awful and give 'Lame' a whole new meaning.

Our New Years Eve early supper at Papa Boudreauxs was delicious as always. I had the extra large gumbo. The waitress warned me about the quantity, but I only brought home a tiny bit of it. YUM.

They were having 3 different seatings of New Years Eve dining, but we were the earlybirds and the place was filling up when we were leaving.

Funny thing - when you eat supper at 4pm, by 6pm you think it's SOOOOO late!

Anyway - Happy January! I like January because I have a birthday in a couple of weeks, and I can start looking forward to my tax refund.

TTFN and Happy New Year!

Comments:
Happy Happy 09! Woohoo! This will be another great year, I'm sure!
It's a whopping 10 degrees right now. Time to check on Dad then veg. in the house all day. Jen is going sledding w/ a friend. BRRRRR!!!!
Have fun whatever you do!
 
Happy New Year, and a safe and healthy one! What a great expression on our little Savi! Heather, I don't think Jen will stay out long in 10 degree weather! It's been zero here today but not the snow Lyn and Steve got in Prov, or Marcia and Kelly on the Cape (about 8" with strong winds, a real blizzard!). Karen, sounds like your New Year's was a good time--early dinner and snoozing a little waiting up for midnight! We had a nice New Year's eve dinner and dance and overnight stay at Town and Country near Mt. Washington, NH, and this afternoon taking down the tree has brought us into 2009 right on schedule.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?