Friday, December 26, 2008

 

Day 1041 - Merry Christmas Plus One!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday! You know what to do - March in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Are you going out shopping today to hit the after Christmas sales?

Come on out of your Christmas food coma!

Warning - vegetarians and folks who like well done beef might not like this photo...

This photo shows the first few slices of my rare prime rib (the bones have been cut off the bottom - they are over in the left corner).

It was extremely delicious! We ate all the prime rib we could hold yesterday, with mashed potatoes, au jus, peas n onions, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and rolls. I have a few more meals worth of prime rib packaged up. I cooked it to 110 degrees, then let it sit for an hour before carving it. It was yummy, and you would be horrified to know that this is as done as I would ever want to eat it.

I have to work today - TTFN and have a nice day after Christmas!

Comments:
That prime rib looks wonderful! I'm drooling on the computer right now. getting ready to head out and look for discount xmas stuff at Walmart. oooh, fun. Then off to Lyn's to see WILL! (and Grammy and Lyn and Steve, of course haha!)
Thank you everyone, again, for a great Xmas!
 
Love and Merry Christmas to Will!(and everybody)

Karen, the prime rib looks great--I like it a tad more cooked (medium rare). I had prime rib on Christmas Eve and again for a light supper last night at my friend's home where I spent Christmas.

Our office is closed today but I'm here--have some hours to make up. Just as well to stay away from Christmas sales.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?