Wednesday, December 24, 2008

 

Day 1039 - Merry Christmas Eve!

Greetings, Merry Christmas Eve-ers, and our adorable Santa Baby Savannah!

Charlie and I just finished a big breakfast of loaded scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, and wheat toast with apple butter.

Now we are off to the health club to work it off.

I am cooking a bone-in ham later today, and will take the leftovers off the bone, cut it up, and freeze it into packages.

Tomorrow I'll be roasting a 7lb. PRIME RIB! A fresh one, not the precooked heat and eat that I usually get. I couldn't resist a local store special of $5.99/lb for standing rib roast (small end, too!). The cheapest I have seen them otherwise is $7.99/lb.

I am so happy every time I look in the fridge. I will use Heather's wonderful Christmas present a few years back - a digital roasting thermometer, so I expect it to come out PERFECT. I will certainly let you know!

TTFN and have a Merry Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas Day too!

Comments:
Merry Christmas EVE everyone! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Merry 1st Christmas Eve to our beautiful little Savi and to everyone reading the blog!!
 
Merry Christmas Eve! The ham has 30 degrees left to go! xxx
 
We just finished our caroling, and we went to two homes, one elderly housing facility, one assisted living facility, one nursing home, and the hospital (there's only one hospital on the island). We had 17 people, including me. We sang our carols in 3-part harmony, a cappella, and then went to the home of one singer and had refreshments. One very elderly man who used to work at the Unitarian Church was there at the nursing home, and I held his hand while we sang. He managed a smile at the end. His wife passed away recently, but he's been kind of out of it for a few years before that. The hospital patients were happy to hear us, too. Even though some of the singers were pretty bad! Mostly we had pretty good singers... I'll go to the mainland tomorrow.
 
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm late today. Can't wait to see Savi Christmas photos.
Karen, prime rib sounds great. I'm spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with my friend Denise--am going over to her place in a few minutes for prime rib, scalloped potatoes like our mothers never made and other goodies, including a sinful chocolate birthday cake for our friend Marian. Denise is a fabulous cook and loves entertaining. We'll be about 15 people. And, I don't have to do anything except bring wine and maybe help clean up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?