Friday, December 19, 2008

 

Day 1034 - Friday! Hooray!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday! You know what to do, march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

It's the morning after the company Christmas party, so there may be a bunch of tired folks at work today. I had a nice time!

I have been filling in Charlie with the details from the party. Several people on our team did go, and I snagged a table next to the dance floor and away from the food tables. I did dance a couple of times.

Food - meatballs in BBQ sauce, mini sandwiches, crab or sausage stuffed mushrooms, artichoke dip over tortilla chips, veggie trays with dips, and roasted pork loin with rolls to put it in. Very good. They kept a running slideshow going of photos of employees from previous events (Christmas and Halloween).

They gave away 30 prizes, one of which I won! If they called your name, you had to walk to the stage and choose a Christmas ball from the Christmas tree. Each ball had a number taped to it, and that was how they awarded your prize. I can't tell you what it is yet, because I am giving some of it to Charlie for an extra Christmas gift! Two other employees approached me and offered to trade. I could have taken a pair of hockey tickets to the Predators, or a nights stay at a hotel with dinner. The hotel stay was hard to pass on.

They had a deejay playing music, and open bar for beer and wine (if you had purchased a bracelet for $10 prior to the event). Well worth going.

TTFN and have a nice Friday!

Comments:
Sounds like a great party! Mike and I are going to his company Xmas party tonight. We're expecting a big snowstorm so there may not be many people going. It's at a real restaurant this year...last year it was at a teacher's house. We're taking Savi =)

Because of the storm, all schools are closed today so Jen had a friend sleep over last night and she will stay tonight too. Fun!!!
 
I can't wait to hear what prize was better than a hotel and dinner but know we have to wait for Christmas.

How does Savi like the snow so far?
 
She's not going out in it, and no Xmas party. Too much snow & my baby is sick =( I did dress her up for snow pictures tho...see flickr!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?