Thursday, December 18, 2008

 

Day 1033 - Here we come a-wassailing...

Greetings, Bloggy Carolers!

Savannah is looking at me like 'You crazy lady! You crazy!'

You know, going wassailing is going out caroling, as opposed to a Christmas Wassail drink, which is hot spiced cider or wine.

You can read about it if you want to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassailing

We have a company Christmas function after work tonight. I am catching a cold, so I hope I can stand it for a little while (that means partake of the food and drinks, then bail out).

A lot of my team isn't going - they say it's because spouses aren't invited. Charlie doesn't take exception to a company paid activity being just for employees.

After all - did spouses want to come to our summer picnic and do water balloon tosses and relay races? HECK NO!

Have a great Thursday! Christmas morning is one week away!

Hey readers - if you don't get a Christmas card from me - its because I didn't mail any out. Merry Christmas anyway! xxx

Comments:
we're expecting a ton of snow tommorrow! no school!!
 
I love it when Savi wears my sweater!

Regarding company parties -- I thought people didn't want their spouses there, who get totally bored with all the office conversation. I do like to see who my coworkers are married to though. At our firm, every other year they have an evening dinner/dance where spouses or a guest are invited; the other year it's noon to 4 pm at a nice restaurant--those are more fun. (this is from someone who has neither spouse nor other.
 
That's an interesting face on little Savi! Karen, I'm sorry you're getting a cold--hope it is very brief! I don't have any opinion on office parties and spouses.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?