Friday, December 12, 2008

 

Day 1027 - Our first snow!

Greetings, Bloggy Shovelers!

First - apologies that I didn't say 'Happy Birthday' to my brother David yesterday.

I did send a card but should have mentioned it on the blog!

My card reads - 'Happy Birthday, Bro' on the front. When you open the card it says 'Living proof that aliens are among us'. Hardee Har Har...

It snowed last night, and it's Friday!

March in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Snow-day! Fri-day! Snow-day!'

The schools are closed today. I think we got 1-2 inches, but I haven't been outside in it yet.

Maybe the 4-wheel drive in my Honda CR-V 4 door color white will kick in today for the first time.

The 4-wheel drive activation is supposed to happen automatically based on the road conditions. I guess we'll see about that!

Nashville hardly got any snow - it was mostly concentrated to the south and east of Nashville.

Anyway - I'd better leave early for work - enjoy your Friday, everyone!

Comments:
No snow here. It's 60 and feels like we're having a HURRICANE! It's so windy my house is creaking. We had enough rain to fill the dog's big water bowl (so I didn't have to this morning...haha)

I laughed to myself when I read that schools were closed from 1-2 inches of snow...heeheeeeee
 
Actually our schools were closed due to 2" of snow followed by freezing rain through the night until late this morning. Now the sun is out, yay! Gil was surprised his snowblower got through that heavy slush (and the foot and 1/2 snowbank at the end of the driveway thanks to the plow truck). Tell how your drive to work was, Karen. Automatic 4x4 sounds good.
 
1-2 inches of snow? Please. Unless you have ice no big deal.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?