Wednesday, November 12, 2008

 

Day 997 - Hey - batting 1000 - almost!



Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

Here is Miss Savannah in her play area - isn't she the big girl now??

I'll be going to see her Thanksgiving week - can't wait!

Notice how close I am getting to 'Day 1000' of the blog! Whoa!

I just have a quick story about this past weekend to tell. I haven't had time to tell it yet!

I went to Sams Club last Friday after work to pick up a few things.

I was planning to buy a veggie tray, but the carrots in the tray looked rather dry and whitish rather than glossy and orange. I think this happens if they haven't been stored at just the right temperature or humidity level. The date on them was fine.

I asked one of the employees (who doesn't work in produce, just anyone I could find) to look and see if there were any others in the back.

She went to look, but no luck. We commiserated about alternatives to the veggie tray. I finally decided just to get some fresh mushrooms, and I would get the other vegetables elsewhere.

The Sams Club employee apologized profusely and repeatedly when she couldn't help me.

I said 'Don't worry, I'm not upset! I come here all the time!'

She blurted out 'I know! I recognize you!', then threw her arms around me and HUGGED ME for not being upset!

Just writing this made me laugh out loud.

I've become a Sams Club regular. Congratulations to me!


Comments:
Thats the cutest thing!!!! They should be hugging you at the thrift store too =)

We can't wait to see you!!!
 
Karen, I just never heard of anything like it. It has to be YOU. That worker was so grateful for a real human being to walk into that store, and talk to her like like a person, she just had to thank you. Awesome.
When you come to my house, I'll hug you too. Espescially if we commiserate over carrots.
 
I concur, Karen, what a wonderful story! It makes me feel a little sheepish for times when I have been upset over something (mostly trivial) in the grocery store! All of us are waiting for you on Thanksgiving week! I know Savi was looking at me and wondering, "Well, where's the other Grammy?"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?