Wednesday, November 26, 2008

 

Day 1011 - Thanksgiving Eve!

Greetings, Bloggy 'Night Before Turkey Day-ers!'

This photo of Savannah is extra cute, (though not from this trip). Can't wait to see my photos!

The countdown to 'Turkage' is on - but wait!

We are having another Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon at Heather's in-laws. Lucky us!

I think it's nice when people celebrate holidays (especially Xmas and Thanksgiving) on an 'off day' so attending doesn't cause a conflict.

Since I am here - I have given out a lot of Christmas cards early, and brought whatever gifts I could (including homemade jam) instead of mailing them later.

Now, on to Turkage Eve...

My mother and my sister did the Thanksgiving shopping yesterday - $240.

There is an entire cooler in the back hall filled with just vegetables - potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnip, parsnips, squash, green onions, etc.

There are two packages of cranberries, because my sister makes her own cranberry sauce. (yum!)

The turkey is a fresh Butterball turkey, weighing in at just under 20 lbs.

But enough about food...

I am on my SIXTH Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse vampire novel. I am having a blast reading them. I stayed up till 1:30am finishing 'Dead as a Doornail' last night, and am starting 'Definitely Dead' this morning.

Gotta go read - TTFN!

Comments:
Thank you for all the early xmas cards! Now I can hit 'black friday' woohooooo! =)
Bring on the Turkey!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?