Sunday, November 23, 2008

 

Day 1008 - I'm here!

Greetings, Blogregation!

LOOK at this smile! OMIGOSH she is the cutest thing and looks so grown up in this picture!

I get to see Heather and Savi later today, Hooray! I'll bet I SQUEEZE her till she squeaks!

Well, I spent most of the afternoon AND evening at the airport last night, finally getting to my sisters house around midnight.

When I checked in my bags, I looked on the board and my flight was delayed. A little later, the time was delayed MORE. A little later, MORE. Sheesh.

My bad - should have checked before leaving the house. Oops.

I did wait for my bags to go through the TSA screening process. I had a big tub of homemade jam in my big suitcase.

Of course, the jam box got the security folks interested in the contents of the jars. They opened my suitcase, took out the jam box, opened the tub, and took out some jars. After a visual inspection, they also 'swabbed' them to be analyzed, and reviewed the analysis.

(I wonder what it said? HOMEMADE JAM? Calcium from the water?) Then the TSA agent repacked everything carelessly, and sent the bag on it's way. Thankfully nothing is broken, as far as I can see.

So - back to my 4 hour wait in the airport. What did I do with all that time? If you know me, you know I made a beeline for the bookstore and looked for a book. After MUCH deliberation, I bought a book named 'Dead Until Dark'.

This book is the first of a series of 'horror and humor' vampire books that the 'True Blood' HBO series is based on. (Yes, I've already read Twilight - thats a different author - and can't wait to go see the movie).

Very entertaining reading - so entertaining that I finished the first, 300 page book this morning, and purchased the next two while I was still in the airport. Buying 3 books at Hudson Booksellers (at full price, mind you) qualified me for a free tote bag, which helped out on my trip.

Anyway - long story short - I'm here, unpacked, and ready for my Thanksgiving week of fun!

Have a great Sunday, everyone! TTFN!

Comments:
We are here hangin w/ Grandma Gigi! Woohooo!!!!!
 
I'll be there tomorrow, and Gil on Wednesday. Yay!!
 
This photo shows how happy Savi is to have even more people to go ga-ga over her!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?