Sunday, November 16, 2008

 

Day 1001 - Speedin' along the highway

Greetings, Blogregation!

As seen on a church sign nearby.... 'Don't make me come down there! God.'

I am driving back from the Smokies today.

Here's the song I have playing in my head...

Well the midnight headlights blind you on a rainy night
steep grade up ahead slow me down makin no time
gotta keep rollin
those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo
keepin perfect rhythm with the song on the radio
gotta keep rolling

Ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a better way, for me
ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a sunny day

Well the truck stop cutie comin' on to me
tried to talk me into a ride said I wouldn't be sorry
oh, but she was just a baby
well waitress pour me another cup of coffee
pop me down jack me up shoot me out
flyin down the highway
lookin for the morning

Ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a better way, for me
ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a sunny day

Repeat 1001 times while driving for several hours...

Comments:
That song is gonna be stuck in my head all day...
Hope it was fun!!
 
missed the 1000th day - congrats any way - here's to day 10000
 
New new new Flickr stuff!!!!! Cute videos and everything! Yay!
 
So glad you are back home safe and sound! And see you soon at Lyn's! Good song for driving in the rain. Did you carpool with anyone? Was that 250 miles one way or round trip? What a beautiful picture of the Smoky Mountains you put on the blog 2 days ago, and how pretty Savi looked in yesterday's blog. So ready for the world, just like her Grammy GiGi!
 
Hi Mom, no, I didn't carpool with anyone this year. I enjoyed listening to cds and looking at the scenery! See you soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?