Tuesday, November 25, 2008

 

Day 1010 - Awful Awful, anyone?


Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

We are having a wonderful week visiting with the 'fam', and my mother brought LOBSTERS from MAINE for us to eat yesterday. Thanks, Mom!

On to the topic of the Twofer Tuesday...

Do you know what an 'Awful Awful' is? If you're from Rhode Island, you would know.

An Awful Awful is a 24 oz milkshake, a signature drink of Newport Creamery stores.

My son arrived the other night after work with a chocolate Awful Awful, mixed with 'Jimmies' a.k.a. chocolate sprinkles. YUM.

They are 'Awful' big and 'Awful' good, and there is a standing offer that if you (yourself) can drink three of these, they will give you the fourth one, free.

On May 4th 2009, the Awful Awful will have its 60th anniversary.

Hey! That drink is older than I am!

You can check out the FAQ regarding Awful Awfuls on the Newport Creamery website.

http://www.newportcreamery.com/faq.asp

Have a nice day! TTFN!

Comments:
Here's the mother bringing lobsters from Maine! The price is down now to $4.59 per pound for 1 and 1/4 pounders. They were all out of 1 lb. lobsters at $3.99 per lb. as I inquired that I thought lobsters had gone below $4. I'll probably eat too much this week to have room for an Awful Awful--they do sell a smaller version as I remember it. Much yummier than a regular milkshake! I'm going to bake bread today, and wait for Heather to bring over little Savi!
 
Evan brought me an Awful Awful (x-tra large) when I was still in the hospital w/ Savi. Yummy!!! I'll be there soon!!
 
I thought Awful Awful was a Goodwin's (South Paris Maine) invention! Same name and "Awful Big and Awful Good." I used to get Jimmies on mine too.

No one out here has ever heard of them.

Peggy, I think you can force yourself to have one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?