Saturday, November 22, 2008

 

Day 1007 - Freezing and Cooking at the same time!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Here is yet another adorable photo of Miss Savannah.

It is FOURTEEN DEGREES here this morning, they were talking about us setting a record for cold this month. So much for global warming.

I am 'AlGore-aphobic' on that topic. Ha!

(By the way - you may have noticed that I stay away from political conversation on the blog)

My 'getting ready for my trip' agenda changed a bit last night.

I stopped at Big Lots to get some of those turkey sized aluminum pans - you can throw them away and that helps with the cleanup.

I stopped at Aldi because they had fresh Butterball turkeys on sale, and bought one (plus a couple other things).

I carelessly tossed the turkey on top of a couple of frozen food items in the bag in the car.

When I took the turkey out of the bag, there was a pinhole LEAK in my turkey bag!

I didn't want to freeze it, because I wouldn't have time to defrost it when I return from my trip. I didn't want to patch the hole and hope for the best, because it might be spoiled when I return!

So, I whipped out a turkey oven roasting bag from the drawer, put it in one of my new pans, and COOKED A TURKEY last night! I have already dissected it and frozen several packages of meat. I also froze the turkey broth and giblets to make gravy when I return.

When I come back next Friday, we can have a turkey dinner anytime, just by defrosting some of the meat and making the gravy!

Cooking a turkey was NOT on the schedule, but it worked out just fine!

I'm heading to New England on the afternoon nonstop flight. TTFN!

Comments:
yummy!!! I just heard Cookie monster in my head singing 'T is for Turkey' haha! A few girls will be here tonight for an early bday party for Jen...slumber party. fun!! I woke up to a flat tire though, so I'm hoping I can get Evan to take over 'Dad duty' today as the truck spare is at the school in Mike's trooper. grrrrr.

Have a safe flight Mamma!
 
New Flickr stuff again! I just can't stop. Poor baby
 
Karen, when you read this, I hope you have had a good trip! Pretty amazing cooking that turkey impromptu! See you Monday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?