Sunday, October 26, 2008

 

Day 980 - Trick or Treat Faux Pas



Greetings, Blogregation!

Here is Miss Savannah, looking cute in avocado fleece!

Heather - don't you wish all her jackets had cute matching hats like the hat in the photo of Roxy I sent?

I looked for a cute jacket/hat combination at Target yesterday and wasn't crazy about what they had.

I need to go research a failed job overnight at work, but since it isn't one of the important ones, I'm not in a hurry.

Anyway - on to the topic of the day - Halloween Trick or Treat Faux Pas.

The little girl next door came over to sell us some 'school fundraiser' stuff yesterday. (To be NICE, I spent $26!)

I mentioned Halloween. She said her brother wasn't going to go trick or treating this year. She said that was OK because she always gave him her candy that contained NUTS. Turns out she has one of those nut allergies, and I never knew!

She said that she'd grown out of being sensitive to being near nuts, she just couldn't eat them. She also said she can eat pecans, but I wouldn't even go there. I sent her back home with a handful of individually wrapped Twizzler licorice sticks that I had in the house.

Guess what else I bought for trick or treat candy?? Peanut M&M's! Sheesh.

Good grief, Charlie Brown. I wonder what I have been giving them for the past 6 years? Probably plenty of candy with NUTS in it, because that's what I like!

Two questions:

First question - what causes all these nut allergies in kids nowadays? I thought I heard that it was because we parents ate so much peanut butter, and so many nut oils the manufacturers use. Is that true?

Second question - what did YOU buy for Halloween candy, and did you avoid nuts? I guess I will from now on!

I could switch from M&Ms to Kit Kats or Mounds bars - both are favorites. My 'regular' choices include almond joys (nuts), peanut butter cups (peanut butter), baby ruths (nuts), butterfingers (peanut butter) and other nut-intensive candy.

Ahhh - I just remembered that for the past couple of years I also had those 'bats and jacks' Halloween pretzels available for trick or treat! Saved by the pretzels! I need to go see if Sams Club has any of those.

TTFN!


Comments:
My doctor told me to avoid peanuts and peanut butter while pregnant just for that very reason. I found it odd, but avoided it anyway.
I haven't bought any candy yet, but will look for pretzels or nut-free stuff! First year here, so I don't even know if we will get any trick or treaters! Plan on taking Jen & Savi out for a bit anyway...
 
No one comes to my building because there is no doorbell and the building. I really don't do any Halloween stuff now that there's no kid around.
 
Heather now that you've said Savi doesn't use a pacifier I can tell you I hate them. At the first whimper some parents stick a pacifier in the baby's mouth. I've seen 4-5 year olds with them!

Eric did suck his thumb though, along with his stuffed monkey's thumb which was very cute.
 
That IS cute! Savi chews on her thumb, but only occasionally. If she wants/needs to chill out, only nursing will do for her. She never took a bottle, never liked the pacifier. All boob all the time...haha!!!
 
Love that picture of our little Savi! I finally remembered Halloween cards and put one in the mail for Savi's 1st Halloween, and cards for Emily, Allie and Tim. Now I won't qualify for the neglectful Grandmother award! Enjoyed the blog Karen. You are too much! And Nancy and Heather's comments. Yesterday I spent 6 hrs doing door to door canvassing for the Democrats--a lot of people were not home, but did get to talk with 15-20 people. I have never been so inspired by a candidate as I am for Obama. Of course we are hopeful for our local candidates as well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?