Sunday, October 19, 2008

 

Day 973 - When elephants fly!

Greetings, Blogregation!

I didn't make it to the blog yesterday - Charlies kids and grandchildren are coming over today for lunch. Yesterday I shopped, unpacked from my cruise, and started cleaning!

As seen on a church sign this week: 'Heaven is no trick, and Hell is no treat!'

I have a couple of Elephant stories for you, believe it or not.

The first one is a true story from my friend SY. (those are initials). SY is a speech therapist. One of the mothers told her that she had taken her daughter to the zoo.

The daughter declared ‘Look Mom, a Freakin’ Elephant!’

The mother, horrified, chastised her daughter about her use of the word ‘freakin’. The daughter was perplexed. She pointed out – ‘Well, that’s what it says on the sign!’

A-F-R-I-C-A-N Elephant - A Freakin Elephant, Mom!’ Uh – difference in pronunciation, I’d say!

The second story is rated PG (at least), and occurred Friday when I bought gas for $2.99 a gallon. (By the way, it was $2.90 at Sams Club a day later).

On the other side of the pump (as it were), two young 20-somethings were having a very boastful and loud conversation. I really don’t know exactly what it was about, but I know what I overheard.

One was saying to the other ‘I’ve got the STAMINA of a F**-ING elephant! It’s just awesome, I can't believe it!

His buddy, trying to be encouraging, said ‘Ice it down, boy, ice it down’.

TOO FUNNY!!!

Comments:
ewwwwwwwwwww!! Nasty elephant boys! haha!
It's a lovely 42 degree morning. We're freezing our butts off. ick! Off to run errands. Have a good Sunday!
 
Great stories, Karen.

Go Red Sox!!
 
Just seeing the picture of Savi from Fri morning--how amazing to see her standing up, and Yes, Heather, I bet she is just waiting to walk. That will keep you running! It was 18 degrees this morning but has warmed up nicely to the low 40's and sunny. Gil and I brought a cord of wood into the garage, and have another 2 cord in the driveway. We stacked just enough to get my car in so we don't have to de-ice it in the AM. Enjoyed reading your stories, Karen, and Nancy's description of the helicopter rescue on the cruise ship. Definitely go Red Sox!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?