Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 

Day 968 - Sock it to me!



Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

I made it through Monday. Thank goodness. I had a busy day yesterday.

Here is darling Miss Savannah, dressed in her Halloween candy outfit (or is it a prison uniform?), sitting in the yard EATING GRASS. Adorable!

I have a 'leftover' story from the Newark airport. Yes, it involves 'socks'.

I was sitting near the shuttle bus ticket counter, waiting for my shuttle from the airport into New York the day before the cruise.

A woman walked up to the ticket counter wearing jeans and carrying a huge, leather purse. She put the purse up on the counter while she spoke to the ticket agent.

When she was ready to pay for her ticket, she left the purse up on the counter, hiked up one leg of her jeans (in front of everyone, mind you), and started pulling $20 bills out of her sock! I guess the pocketbook was just a decoy.

I've heard of people hiding money in their sock, but I would have taken it out in the ladies room or something. Everyone in eye sight knew all her money was in her sock after that.

It was quite funny at the time - I told the story on the shuttlebus and the driver got a 'kick' out of it. By the way - the shuttle driver had on REALLY fancy cowboy boots.

Gotta run! TTFN!

Comments:
i like......
 
Hi everyone!! Cute story Mamma. Fruity people!! no good stories here...maybe later?? =)
 
haha that story made me laugh! it's kind of sobering though, isn't it? that someone is afraid to even carry $20 cash...crazy world haha...
 
Thanks for the birthday message for Gil, and yes, he's better today! I have a busy day so have to go. Cute picture of little Savi, and a very funny story about the lady who kept her money in her socks, bringing it out for all to see!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?