Thursday, September 11, 2008

 

Day 935 - Remembering 911

Greetings, Bloggy Readers -

If you care to post a comment today on what you were doing when you heard about the 911 attacks, feel free.

That FREE-dom is why we appreciate our country so much, isn't it?

I was at my former job when we heard about a plane flying into the Twin Towers in New York. I thought it was an incredibly stupid amateur pilot, not a terrorist attack. I was wrong, of course.

I am still very proud of the passengers on UA flight 93 that took on the hijacker, losing their lives but likely saving many others with their courage.

Remember them and countless others today who lost friends and loved ones.

A nationwide moment of silence will occur at 8:46 a.m. ET — the exact time that terrorists slammed the first of two jetliners into the World Trade Center. The Pentagon was struck about an hour later.

Comments:
Thanks, Karen, for the remembrance of 9/11. I was driving to work when the first plane hit, thinking it was an accident involving a small plane, then when I arrived a work, the TV was on in the Director's office and the rest is history. So many heroes that day. Grandson, William, is graduating tomorrow from Warrant Officer Candidate School (Army) and is doing his part to defend our country, for which we are very proud. Proud parents, Lyn and Steve are there for the occasion.
 
Since it was three hours earlier in SF, I was asleep when brother in law Ray called me and asked me if I had the TV on (no) and told me "they are attacking our country." I turned on the TV to see the second plane fly into the WTC. I tried to get Eric not to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge (a reported primary target) to school in Marin County--of course he went and not surprisingly encountered very little traffic (but tons of security) on the bridge the next few days. I stayed glued to the TV all day and every minute for weeks after that when I wasn't working.
Hats off to William, certainly our hero.
 
I was at work when one of my Portuguese patients came in telling a story of something crashing in NY. Her English was limited so I didnt get the real story for another 30 minutes when my other patients came in & turned on the TV in the waiting room. No one LEFT the TV for the next couple weeks. Congrats and Thank You to Will! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?