Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 

Day 919 - The prodigal blogger has returned

Hola! I wonder if I remember how to blog... (or ever knew!)

First order of events - Congratulations to Heather and Mike on their August 22nd Florida elopement! Nothing like 'gettin' legal' - maybe Charlie and I ought to try that sometime...

I just returned from 5 days, 4 nights at our annual Ferry Beach retreat. We had a wonderful time. Ate WAY too much food at the 3 daily buffets, plus had ice cream and moccachinos and smoothies at the 'camp store'.

Our art project was tie dyed t-shirts. Wait till I get a photo of my newly tie-dyed shirt, purple and red. I am very happy with it! My mother's and Aunt Nancy's shirts came out great too, my mother's in a spiral pattern, Aunt Nancy's 'alligator pleats' in various greens and yellows.

We had a field trip to Wood Island lighthouse - http://www.woodislandlighthouse.org/
Happy 200th anniversary to the lighthouse!

Another comment - Wood Island Light is right next to a small island that was used in the Underground Railroad to help escaped slaves get to Canada, and freedom. Cool!

Gotta go - coffee is calling! TTFN!

Comments:
Since I enjoyed all the activities and food along with Karen and Nancy, I'm back home to say Hi to all family and friends on the blog, and Congratulations to Heather and Mike! May you have many happy years together with your darling little Savi!
 
Thanks Mamma!!!! Can't wait to see you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?