Thursday, August 21, 2008

 

Day 914 - Leavin' on a jet plane

Greetings, Thirstin' for Thursdayers! Or is it Thirstin' for vacationers?

As you read this, I am on a plane (or series of planes) travelling to Portland, Maine. My mother and Aunt Nancy are meeting me at the airport, and we will spend several glorious days on the ocean, soaking up sun and sea.

Actually, one of the first things we'll be doing is enjoying haddock chowder (chowda) at a place called Huots in Camp Ellis, Maine. This is a tradition, and we'll be going back there tomorrow!

I notice that a lobster roll has gone up to FIFTEEN DOLLARS - ouch!

Warning - when you click on their website it plays music, which I really don't like. http://www.huotsseafoodrestaurant.com/

I don't know yet if I'll be charged extra for having (heaven forbid) a SUITCASE, but at least I'm just bringing ONE.

Gotta go - TTFN and a reminder - my blogging will be very sporadic during my VACATION.

That is what VACATION is all about!

Comments:
Leaving in a half hour to pick you up, Karen! Have a great weekend everyone just as we will too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?