Sunday, August 10, 2008

 

Day 903 - Out the door again

Greetings, Blogregation!

Did you see the Olympics Opening Ceremonies? They were awe inspiring.

Charlie and I went to see 'Dark Knight' yesterday. It was very good, but very dark and violent.

We're off to the health club shortly for a swim. Before we leave, I want to tell this story...

Charlie witnessed a new and stupid 'things that drivers do that you can't believe' scenario the other day. I want to pass this one on.

Picture a school zone with the blinking lights on, speed limit either 15 or 20 mph - I'm not sure.

Anyway, these zones are often heavily enforced, with police cars watching. Most people are careful, and do slow down because there are kids crossing and buses everywhere, etc.

Charlie witnessed a driver (just this week, schools are back in session here) SPEEDING IN THE BREAKDOWN LANE, THROUGH THE SCHOOL ZONE, in order to get their own kid to school.

No matter that they were driving in the breakdown lane. No matter that they could have wiped out a bunch of other peoples kids. No matter that they were ignoring the speed limit.

There are so many dumb butts out there, I wonder how things function!

TTFN and have a SAFE Sunday!

Comments:
What a JERK! That's insane!!! I'm babyless for a couple hours today so I can start getting Savi's room ready for the carpet to come out & wood floors sanded along w/ our living room & hallway...gonna look good!!!
 
I only saw the last hour which was fabulous espcially with that kid! I taped it so eventually will see the whole thing.
 
What I saw of the opening was great. How did you like 2000 tai chi men (I didn't see any women!) moving in sync? We saw a great band today over in Hiram (Maine), the UP North music festival. Vicki and Steve's son is the sound tech for the band "Railroad Earth" who were excellent. They play some bluegrass and more modern stuff.
Hippie types were alive and well! Yes, Karen, that is an awful story of that selfish driver. Hope he was arrested. Heather, sounds wonderful to get those floors sanded!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?