Friday, August 08, 2008

 

Day 901 - Friday!


Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday! You know what to do, march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Let's have a prune free weekend and celebrate the start of the Olympics!

By the way - my favorite dancer this year, Joshua, won the 'Think you can dance' show last night. I felt pretty confident he would win, and I even voted for him several times.

Changing subjects...

I learned a new phrase from the 'Vocabulary Book of Charlie' yesterday.

He referred to someone who is always in a hurry as someone who 'Goes in a jerk'.

Now, I couldn't find that on google, has anyone heard that one before?

Have a nice Friday, everyone, and a nice weekend!

Comments:
I can't find that saying either...he must have made it up. ;)
One more week and we'll be off to Florida! Woohoo!!!
 
Cool beans, you really should make a vocabulary book, I love those sorts of things. In a slightly related vein, I told you about the woman I met from Michigan who used to eat mashed potatoes and jelly sandwiches as a child.
 
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
 
I searched for that expression on Google and found it. Here's the link it returned - http://karengoldsmith.blogspot.com/
 
I never heard it before and I know a lot of weird expressions. Our office had a big email discussion about giving directions "as the crow flies"--one young associate did not believe there was such an expression and that it made no sense--several of us set him straight.
Is Savi going to the beach? Let's see the swimsuit--
And tonight, I'm going to see MANNY out in left field where Barry Bonds once played--(OK no nasty remarks about either!)
 
No, no beach. Reptile show. Heehaw. haha!
 
We have company tonight and cooking lobsters and corn. What could be better? Vicki's husband's son is visiting for the weekend as his band is playing on Sunday at a nearby festival. We just listened to a CD from the band, the Railroad Earth, "Amen Corner" CD. Very good. Joel is the sound tech. Have a good weekend everyone!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?