Wednesday, July 16, 2008

 

Day 878 - If we Cantalope, Lettuce Marry

Greetings, Bloggy Gardeners!

First -let me say that this is NOT a picture of our mini-cantalope - we ate it last night before we took a photo.

However, ours looked just like this - a little larger than a grapefruit, and just the perfect size for us each to have half with no leftovers.

It was WONDERFUL, sweet as candy and just picked that day.

Now that I've done the food blog, I can tell a couple of stories about 'dumb things to do'.

Yesterday I was driving home after swimming at the health club. (No, the dumb thing is not the health club or swimming or driving home).

There is a left turn lane at a light that takes you onto I-65 south from Cool Springs Blvd. West. The light stops the traffic heading east on Cool Springs Blvd so you can cross over.

You get the picture? Wait for the light, cross Cool Springs Blvd, get on the highway. That lane is only for traffic getting on the highway.

Well, in turning left yesterday, I had to really SQUEEZE left because a TAXI CAB was using MY LANE as an opportunity to make a U-TURN from Cool Springs Blvd East to go over to Cool Springs Blvd West. No, he didn't belong in that lane AT ALL, and didn't care he was going the wrong way in the lane. What an idiot! I didn't even bother to honk.

Another story about misbehavior.

Charlie and I were talking about 'pink eye' last night after seeing something in a movie about it.

Charlie used to teach math at an all-boys private school. He has some funny stories about it.

He told me a story last night about a 'pink eye' outbreak at the school. How did the boys deal with it? They went all around the school rubbing their gooey eyes and then contaminating every doorknob with the virus.

Isn't that just like a bunch of boys?

TTFN!

Comments:
No picture today, not working on my computer, at least. I'll imagine a canteloupe. Next week I'll be away in Plymouth at a Folk Music week, I'm sure you'll miss me.
 
Karen, did you make up the title or "borrow" it? Either way, it's clever.

Marcia, remember when I lived in Rocky Nook, outside of Plymouth? It would have been 1973-74. I think your family visited me there.
 
Yes, we'll miss you, Marcia! And yes, I remember we visited you, Nancy at Plymouth--probably all of my kids went there that day. And Karen, I wonder if the name "Luna Moth" has anything to do with the moon? Very interesting picture yesterday. And today's cantalope looks yummy (my spell check doesn't like my spelling--according to Marcia's comment it is canteloupe--spell check doesn't like that either!) Oh well! Jeepers, watch out for those TN drivers! Yesterday I worked on the Beano food counter--no time to blog, as when I got home it was relax and watch the All Star game until the wee hours. Yay, AL wins! So quiet here without Emily, Allie, and Tim!! We had such a good time with them here! Waiting for SaviLynn to come visit! Gil and I bought a cute "onesey" for Savi that says "Duck, Duck, Moose, Cape Elizabeth, Maine"
 
My spell check: Cantaloupe
 
Hi all! Spent most of the day looking at nursing homes with Evan. Savi spent the day crying at Grandmas. Poor thing!!!! Another fun filled day of NH shopping and lawyer stuff tomorrow. I need a vacation!!!!!!!!!
 
Sorry about that spelling, when I looked at it my spelling looked wrong, and it turned out to be wrong. Karen, now the picture comes up. I don't know why it didn't come up this morning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?