Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

Day 864 - Cuteness Alert!

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here is Miss Sunshine Savannah herself, looking extra cute as always!

Changing subjects...

I've been meaning to mention a few things regarding gas prices and their impact.

On my drive in to work (only 20 miles), I've started to see large vehicles for sale in peoples yards. Without exception they are large trucks and SUVs.

My last gas fillup was $49.50, for my Honda CRV 4-door color white! That's the highest ever.

I was tempted to top it off so it would read $50, but $49.50 was impressive enough and I have already learned my lesson not to overfill my CRV when I thought the gas gauge wasn't working. (she shakes her head in shame at the memory)

A lady at work showed up today in a silver Saturn - she had traded in her (go figure) gold SUV!

Changing subjects to food prices - with the high price of corn nowadays, I stocked up on popcorn. 94% fat free butter flavored popcorn is on my 'must have' list.

Food transgression of the week - Charlie and I had 'New York Yankee' Reubens at Jasons Deli in Cool Springs on Sunday. That is a Reuben with both corned beef and pastrami on it. Absolutely, wonderfully delicious.

Have you ever been to a Jasons Deli? They have them all over the country.

http://www.jasonsdeli.com/

Have a nice Wednesday and TTFN!


Comments:
Wednesday already! Boy this week is flying by. Mike is in Florida picking up a truck he bought on Ebay. He left on Monday with a friend and hopefully will be home tomorrow. With the house to ourselves, Jen and I have been having a blast! We took the baby to dinner Monday, went shopping yesterday (alone! The baby was w/ Grandma), watched movies both nights and tonight we have a birthday party to go to. Lots of fun!!!!

Everyone is trying to SELL their SUV's and I'm trying to BUY one! Go figure....
 
She sure is cute. Gas is over $5 on Nantucket, but I don't have to drive too much on the island. Yesterday morning i walked to the market, that felt good. Exercise and savings at the same time.
 
Gas and Food. What could be better to think about. Now that I don't have a car I don't have to care about gas.

Later I'll be off the blog until Wednesday--leaving for Maine tonight on the "red eye" to be with "the troops" for July 4th festivities. Too bad our little Savannah can't be there to show off to relatives,but we understand why.
My favorite part of the holiday is going to the stock car races, where I see the locals, including assorted old friends and boyfriends who I'm so glad I didn't wind up with!! Heather, you remember those races, right?
 
I remember SLEEPING through the race and waking up for the awesome fireworks....the guy would always say 'I want a red one!'
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?