Saturday, June 28, 2008

 

Day 860 - Berry Berry Good!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Well, I've been up since 3:30 working on a problem at work, so I thought I'd write the blog before I go back to bed.

This photo is a little dark, but all those big pans of 'dark things' are actually fresh BLACKBERRIES that Charlie picked yesterday!

Yes, there are also piles of blueberries, cucumbers, and squash from the garden. What bounty!

Charlie - I can't say THANK YOU enough! Thank you, thank you. I know that this represents HOURS of work. Charlie is sporting a sunburn on both shoulders as a result.

We haven't had any blackberry harvest in TWO YEARS due to droughts. Can you tell I'm excited about it?? We ate some fresh, gave some to TY and SY, and I froze the rest for jam packed in vacuum sealer bags. We'll see if they stay free of freezer burn.

That means I can throw away some berries from 2003 and 2004 that I still have in the freezer!

TTFN and have a nice weekend!


Comments:
Wow! Yummo!
 
Wow! That's some serious amounts of berries! Good job Charlie! Looks like it will make some super yummy jam too. I need some of that! ;)
I have the bday party today. Should be fun and it'll give me a break from the hospital! yay!
 
Leaving for 10am water aerobics since I was working during 8am water aerobics!
 
Wow, tough job, Karen! I guess nurses aren't the only ones who have to drag themselves up in the middle of the night and get busy. I feel for you!!!
Guess we had the night training with our BABIES, right Heather?

I was thinking about how we used to pick and eat all kinds of berries when we were kids. Lucky lucky us.
 
Update: the water in the pool was WAY TOO COLD. As soon as Savi's feet touched she screamed. Will have to try swimming another time :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?