Tuesday, June 24, 2008

 

Day 856 - Twofer Tuesday



Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Monday is over with - that's a relief.

Here is a great photo of a section of one of the trails at Fall Creek Falls. There are a lot of 'natural' (or perhaps park facilitated) stone stairways you navigate to get to the various overlooks.

Thankfully my knees weren't sore the next day from all the 'stairs' - thanks, water aerobics!

There are also suspended bridges on some of the trails that cross over the streams. These sway and bounce as you walk across them - the kids scream and it is not easily done without holding the rail!

My striped Champion sneakers caught the attention of a matronly woman sitting on a bench - she said I could have sold 100 pair of them to all the people who wanted more comfortable shoes in the park!

Another time Charlie and I were there - we took the trail (can't remember the name) that starts at the back of the nature center and winds around through the woods. It's a pretty rugged trail, and people come back from it pretty tired.

We stopped about halfway through our hike at an open, rocky area to rest and have some water. There was another couple there - a pregnant woman and her husband. Her husband informed us that his wife had had enough of the hike, and he was just looking for a way to get her out of there. Alas - they were about at midpoint, and there wasn't another way out.

The moral of the story is - be prepared - there often isn't a way back except the way you came!

TTFN!


Comments:
Greetings!

I could really feel for that couple...years ago my friend Peggy an her son Patrick and the boys who were 2,3, qnd 7 years old at the time went on a ONE mile trail, which was so poorly marked we ended up walking SIX miles to get out of the woods - the longest trail!!!! Lucky for us it was blueberry season at the time, and we had all we could eat along the way. I CARRIED Charles, of course. 1986.
 
Mike and I almost went on a hike during my pregnancy. Kinda glad we didn't go because I'm sure that would have been me wishing I was done midway! ;)
 
Hi All, Mary Ann and I are back from our trip to San Diego for Eric's graduation from UCSD--Eric is so grown up now, handsome, too! We met Nancy there, and what a wonderful time we had! More tomorrow!
 
I was on a hike at Pt Reyes on a trail where the way out had been erased by flooding. Six of us had to walk through a hillside of poison oak--no way to avoid it. A few of us jumped in a beautiful lake near the end of the trail (sans clothes--the good part!) I had to get a shot of cortisone the next day.

Yes, the sisters had a marvelous time!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?