Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

Day 835 - Twofer Tuesday!


Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

I left work yesterday at lunchtime to make up for my weekend work and had a very nice afternoon all to myself.

I went to the health club, and my timing coincided with a lifeguard training class session.

It was very fun to watch!

I watched the pool director 'drown' over and over again and the various students (mostly teenagers by the look of them) practice their lifesaving skills.

I remarked as one of the water aerobics instructors walked by 'I didn't know they were showing Baywatch in here'. He got a laugh out of that.

The ratio of males to females in the class was maybe 3 to 1 - I don't know if that's typical.

I did wonder why only ONE of the female students had the sense to wear a one piece swimsuit to their lifesaving class. Do the others think a two piece swimsuit is going to STAY ON during a real rescue??? Oh right - teenaged girls don't think, it's true.

TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
I think there are more male lifeguards than female lifeguards. I took lifeguard training one summer while working in Bar Harbor but dropped out from the final tests because I couldn't stand being "drowned" or "drowning".

Our little girl is cute as ever!
 
What good is saving lives if you can't look hot doing it? ;)
 
Always an entertaining blog, Karen! And an entertaining little princess who is entertaining herself! Leaving soon to work the Beano counter at the Legion Hall. Tomorrow is the funeral. The Perhams are coming: Martha and Roger, Johnny, Iris and Margaret, Mary ann and Ray, Joe and Peg and maybe Rusty and Fay. Probably about 30 from Gil's side of the family. Have to go!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?