Thursday, May 29, 2008

 

Day 830 - Happy Belated Birthday, Mom!


Greetings, Birthday Bloggies!

Yesterday was my mother's birthday and I didn't even get a chance to blog about it.

Two things from yesterday - a celebration of a birthday for Mom, and our sympathy goes out to Gilbert on the loss of his father.

What a difference a day makes (sounds like a song) - yesterday's work issues are gone and I got some good rest last night with the exception of some wierd dreams.

Here is a cute new photo of Savannah chewing on her hand - YUM-O says Rachael Ray!

I'm running a little bit late this morning so I'll just tell one story from the pool.

A little boy - three or four years old, was carrying a noodle (longer than he was) around the indoor pool area, just playing with it on the floor outside of the pool.

His mother wasn't paying much attention to him until she noticed that he had carried it over to the water's edge and was trying to WHACK THE LAP SWIMMERS WITH THE NOODLE AS THEY CAME TO THE END OF THE POOL TO FLIP OVER!

She ran over - horrified - and literally dragged him away from the swimmers. HAHAHA!

Take care and have a nice Thursday! TTFN!

Comments:
Cute story, Karen. You have to work a lot for your new job, don't you? Happy Birthday again, Mom. Hope you have a relaxing day today. Have a good day at work, Karen. We'll be moving into our new home on Sunday- you should see it, it's coming along well, all the new changes.
 
Yes, a belated BLOG birthday to Mom, great to recognize her on the BLOG. She had a very special birthay.

So sorry to Gil, Mom and family for the loss of Don, a WW2 Veteran who was at Omaha Beach, I believe. Not many of those guys left. A great guy to talk to. Gentle humor, always interesting. In his ninties and living independently just about to the very end of his days, Now that is really something.
 
Happy bday Grammy and condolences to you Gil! Today is Savi's 3 month 'bday'...gotta get some new pictures! She's a big grump today so that may be difficult! Glad your job is fixed & didn't keep you up all night. Your pool story cracked me up!! Evil little kid! Haha!
Grammy, what was the name of your friend who's daughter knew MY friend from high school? I started talking to him again and wanted to mention it!
 
Happy Birthday sister dear and sad about Gil's dad--but at 95 he had a full life.

Eric's birthday is tomorrow--age 26hard to imagine.

And sweet little Savannah! I just love that baby.

I love the noodle story--I'm sure the swimmers thought it was funny.
 
Thank you Karen, Marcia, Lyn, and Nancy for your bloggy birthday greetings! It was a very unusual birthday to say the least, but I don't mind sharing my birthday with Gil's Dad passing on to his heavenly reward. Definitely a life well lived. Rest in peace, Don "Dad"! Gil is doing OK, just tired, and a head full of details. Good night everyone, including that beautiful baby girl!
 
Whoops, I forgot to thank Heather for her birthday wishes and condolences! Mental fatigue added to Senior moment syndrome! Thank you Heather, and thank all of you for your words of sympathy--Gil and I both appreciate your words of kindness, and hearts of love! Heather, I can't think of the person you mentioned but I'll work on it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?