Monday, May 26, 2008

 

Day 827 - Headin' back to Tennessee



Greetings, Bloggy Memorial Day Celebrants!

A short pause to commemorate the sacrifices our servicemen and women give to our country to keep us safe!

Special thoughts go to my nephew at Ft. Bragg who has safely returned several times from Iraq.

Here is a photo of 'my Grandmotherly occupation' this weekend - to be a living port-a-bed for Savannah to lay on. It is a job I love to have! She burrows and nuzzles into my shoulder like a little puppy - it is the most adorable thing!

We had another superb day yesterday. I got to see Heather's new place, go shopping with Heather and the baby, have more delicious Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee, and have another cookout with the family. What could be better?

Side note - my son mentioned how gray my hair is getting...oops! It is true, but just in my bangs.

I need to leave in an hour for the airport - 'brudda in law' is taking me.

I've already checked the airfares for 4th of July but they're too high. Drat. I'll keep an eye out for the next fare war, and I also need to book my trip for Thanksgiving week when Southwest starts selling that time period.

When I get back to Tennessee, I'm stopping at the health club to swim. I bet the outdoor pool will be very busy this afternoon. Tonight Charlie and I are having dinner at TY and SY's - so I don't need to worry about cooking!

TTFN and THANKS SO MUCH to Lyn, Steve, Heather and Evan for such a nice visit!

Comments:
We had a great weekend! Savi had so much fun with you and I certainly enjoyed the rest;) She slept in her own bed again but did wake up around 3 and ended up snuggled with me. Not bad!!!

Miss you already!! xoxoxo
 
Thanks, Heather! Savi slept so much yesterday that I'm not surprised she woke up. All that fresh air! Love you and miss you!
 
Another beautiful, and cozy picture of a very happy grandmother and granddaughter! Hey, Karen, 4th of July in Maine or RI sounds great! We have to leave in a little while to march in the Memorial Day parade. Gil is Master of Ceremonies at the Riverside cemeteray, and a color guard in the parade. I'll be marching with the Legion Auxiliary. As Americans, we are very much indebted to our present soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan especially. Thank you William!!!
 
I came back from my trip to wine country today, to see that beautiful face and beautiful dress. I can't believe she gets more lively and pretty every day! To repeat my mantra, Savi on the 4th! Savi on the 4th! Also love the grammy Gigi picture.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?