Wednesday, May 21, 2008

 

Day 822 - Midweek and Midlife

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Yes, it's really me, writing the blog today instead of scheduling when it posts.

And yes, that is really the cutest girl ever - grinning at her mother and chewing on her fist. What a cutie pie!

Just a couple of days and I'll be in New England to see everyone. I can't wait! It is hard to believe it is almost Memorial Weekend, the weather hasn't been very 'summery' yet.

My class is finished and I didn't need to take an exam, so no pressure there. The instructor is moving to Nashville next month, she is excited about that.

There were three folks from Los Angeles at the class, and they marveled at how little traffic there is in Nashville. That may be true - comparatively speaking, because I have seen Los Angeles traffic and it is unbelievably bad.

Going to and from class - I saw at least one fender bender each day on the highway, and last weekend I 'heard' a wreck before I saw it.

One driver was using the center turn lane as a travel lane, and the other driver was getting into the center turn lane. That is where they met.

Yesterday I saw a panel truck using the breakdown lane as a travel lane, my favorite stunt.

Changing subjects - the battle of the Davids for American Idol is almost done - I am happy with whichever one takes it, but would prefer 'young David' over 'old David'. On last night's show, both of them looked exhausted, emotional and almost ready to pass out!

Hey - don't miss the 'So you think you can dance' show that starts Thursday night - I like it far better than 'Dancing with the stars'.

Gotta go! Bye!

Comments:
It's Wednesday already! Yay! Just a couple more days and you'll be back in Savannahland. We can't wait! So far it looks like Saturday will be perfect...we can hope!!

Traffic there is crazy. Those big trucks fly down the highway...I don't remember California traffic, but I would imagine it's worse. ;)

I'm off to get some coffee! The baby is relaxing on her floor mat and poor Jen is home sick today...That's all the news! xoox
 
I have never driven in LA traffic and never will, but have been IN it several times.

I watched the last half of Idol from the elliptical machine at the gym, and David A's "Imagine" brought me (and the guy next to me) almost to tears. From the few times I've watched the show, he's the BEST! Also, it must be in Simon's job description to be annoying.
 
Oops! I'm not anonymous!
 
Hi everyone! This is quick as we are off to the cemetaries as Memorial Day weekend is coming up. How well you know this, Karen, as you are off to see the cutest baby in the world (at least for this new generation!)! May the best David win tonight! I'm not voting, are you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?