Thursday, May 15, 2008

 

Day 816 - Farm Fresh Stories

Greetings, Bloggy Farmers!

This photo came from the web, but it's a good illustration of the variety of colors farm fresh eggs will come in.

Eggs are in plenty right now - must be the spring!

Two of the next door neighbors kids came over the other day and knocked on the patio door.

Their ever-present dog was wagging along with them - like they were on a big adventure, and surprisingly their siamese cat came along too. I am sure their horses would have come over too if they could!

They handed me an 18-pack carton of eggs from their chickens, confessing that 'One is missing because we dropped it and broke it, and there might be a little dirt in the carton too with the other ones'.

It was too funny! I told them it didn't matter, and thanked them. Then I asked 'Do you need to say anything to Mr. Charlie while you're here?'

The little boy said 'Nah - we talked to him YESTERDAY'. HA!

Changing subjects - My two favorite 'Davids' have made it to the Final Two of American Idol.

I am still pulling for 'young David' to win it, but I am also just fine with David Cook winning. They will both do well in their careers whether they win first place or second.

Have a nice day, everyone! Friday is TOMORROW!

Comments:
I love that story about the children next door and the broken egg, accompanied by their dog and cat! The eggs must have been yummy, being so fresh. Yes, I think either of the two Davids would be fine for the current American Idol. Well, Gil and I helped prepare and serve lunch for about 200 Special Olympians--american chop suey, peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, cookies, Poland Spring water. We fixed everything at the Legion Hall, then took it up to the large sports field complex to serve it. Makes you feel very grateful for health and wholeness.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?