Monday, May 12, 2008

 

Day 813 - Monday Whine (or Wine!)

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

This lovely place is the Arrington Vineyard.

Arrington Vineyards is a 75 acre property (partly owned by Kix Brooks of Brooks & Dunn, the country music duo) and winery about 20 miles from our house!

We had never been there before.

http://www.arringtonvineyards.com/

Charlie, Buddy Joe (both pictured) and I visited there on Saturday, and had a lovely afternoon. They also have a big firepit on one side of the lawn, and the woodsmoke makes everything smell so nice! There are picnic tables everywhere.

They have music there starting at 5pm on the weekends, we were leaving as the band was setting up.

I'm running late, so I'd better go!

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
My Monday whine:
Ok, now I get a day off, and it is grey and cold and ever so dreary.

I SHOULD be applying myself to my housework, like a good housewife, not just sitting around waiting for something to happen, eh?

Oh, you know it can be difficult to avoid the inevitable.
There's a lot to be said for a M-F job, you can pattern a week into certain activities. I'm on then I'm off, pushing on with huge amounts of energy, then dropping off at any point in the week to full scale inertia. No immediate tasks, nobody to push me and no energy to get on with it.
So, the longer I blog, the longer I can postpone washing the floor and cleaning the guest room...
and the laundry, and the dishes and the dusting. blah blah blah

By the way, sister, those soy nuts are wonderful. I just ate the better part of a bag for lunch.
 
Sounds like a nice trip Sat to the winery, after your crawfish boil was cancelled. The fields are as green as summer! Rec'd a nice Mother's Day card from Heather and Savi today with her new address, and had phone calls from all of my children yesterday so I felt very honored and loved! Lyn, I went to the supermarket, and made a butterscotch pie (the crust was in the freezer), and potato salad for supper (to have with hamburgs on the grill, and fiddleheads picked by sister-in-law, Peggy), now going out for a walk, and a movie tonight. I would hate to be doing housework today so I sympathize. Gil is painting the patio (ceiling and trim). So long everyone until tomorrow, same place, different time.
 
Oh no, the crawfish boil was cancelled! Wine's ok too though. And why isn't Charlie in shorts?

Peggy, I was just reading about fiddlehead delicacies in the Portland magazine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?