Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 

Day 807 - I don't cry anymore...

Greetings, Bloggy Questioners!

I don't cry anymore.

Is that a good title to make you wonder what I'm up to?

The fact is - I realized the other day that I don't cry anymore... when I chop onions.

I buy sweet onions now, and when I can get them, real vidalia onions. They don't make me weep, and I really don't think about it. My onion weeping has become extinct, and I won't miss it a bit. It used to be a big, teary deal to use onions, and it's all in the TYPE of onion I buy.

I also don't play cassette tapes anymore. I am ready to pack them all up and give them to Goodwill unless someone can tell me how to dub them onto CDs.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS - Marcia - do you know how to get cassettes onto CD?

Speaking of CRYING - did I already tell you this story? A girl at work started on this medication and was 'feeling funny'.

She said that some of the side effects are 'menopausal symptoms'. She then turned to ME and said 'Are nausea and tiredness and feeling strange menopausal symptoms, KAREN?' I said 'EXCUSE ME - you are asking ME for some reason?'

TTFN and have a nice and tear-free Tuesday!

Comments:
That's because you're the "go to" girl, sister! I'm racking MY brain to think what meds give menopausal symptoms...none that I give at my job, that's for sure. Must be a hormone. All hormones can make us feel PREGNANT. Isn't that how the poor dear was feeling, after all? Could be a side effect from WORK. Plain old sick and tired of work.

I could use a good cry myself. The Vidalias are back indeed.

Steve has been looking for cassettes, so don't toss them yet!
 
I don't think I cry when I cut onions either...I'll have to pay attention next time and see!! It's beautiful here and after a few errands, we'll take a walk (assuming the baby is in a good enough mood!!)She's getting a million shots tomorrow at the doctor's office. No good moods tomorrow! :(
 
I'm off to help the church ladies prepare a luncheon for the Extension Service, and I surely will be crying if they want me to chop the onions! Cute "menopause" question to you, Karen! Poor Savi having to be stuck with a needle tomorrow--it's a cruel world, for sure! Gil's step-Dad went to the hospital yesterday--appears that he had a seizure but we'll know more later today.
 
Lyn: what are Vidalias?

Heather: I was traumatized by watching Eric get shots much more than he was--whenever possible I would get his dad to take him for shots or to the emergency room for injuries.

Karen: where exactly is Charlie keeping the bees and will you be bringing honey in August?

Peggy: sorry to hear about Gil's stepdad. Keep us posted.
 
Dang - I had a long post and the network ate it. I'll try again.

Vidalia is a type of onion. Georgia is famous for them; I'm not sure where else they are grown. They are large, sweet, tender, and tasty. I have no idea why Lyn said that the vialias "are back." :-)

No, I don't keep the bees in the house. They have their own comfortable abode in the field beside the house and near the creek. Especially since I got a late start with them, there isn't likely to be any honey this year. It takes the colonies about a year to grow and establish themselves. If all goes well, they will make plenty of honey next spring and be able to pay their rent.
 
New super cute Flickr pics!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?