Saturday, May 03, 2008

 

Day 804 - Saturday is my favorite day

Greetings, Bloggy Saturday lovers!

Here's a really nice picture of a hawks nest, kindness of our friends TY and SY.

Awesome!

I'll be leaving soon for water aerobics, then some shopping.

Today is half off day (first Saturday of the month) at Goodwill - I might stop in there. Then again, I don't really NEED anything...

This is also TACA craft fair weekend in downtown Nashville at Centennial park. I love to go to that craft fair, but the weather isn't cooperating to go today - it is rainy and windy.

We run out of SOMETHING practically every day, which goes on the shopping list for the next adventure to the grocery store. At the moment - we need green onions, trash bags, quart bags, juice, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't see how people with a big family do it - I imagine they could easily spend $200 a week on food.

Have a nice Saturday, folks!

Comments:
I think I could spend $200 a week at the market if I wasn't being careful! Especially now with a teenager in the house, the food bills are gonna surpass any other. Need to shop like you used to, Mom...no one was ever better w/ coupons than you!!!!!
Its cold and rainy here too. Awful.ood day to go back to bed! The baby is still only waking up once in the night...how'd I get so lucky????
 
Frugal grocery shoppage:

Plan some 'fresh food' meals around what is on sale that week.

Always have a quick meal waiting in the freezer like hot dogs and beans or a stir fry mix.

You can also have cereal, soup or breakfast food once a week for dinner and cut cost.

DO look at marked down beef or pork as long as it looks perfect, and you cook it or freeze it THAT day and the 'sell by date' is at least a couple days from when you buy it.

If there's a lot of it, freeze the leftovers all ready for another meal rather than freezing part of it uncooked.

Marked down fish, produce, lunchmeat or chicken are usually NOT worth it.

Bake extra potatoes and use them the next night for home fries.

Stock up on TP, soap, Paper Towels, etc when they are on sale, because they keep!
 
My shopping list starts again as soon as I get back from the supermarket! I've asked the same thing, Karen, "How do families afford it?" I guess Heather will tell us. So happy to hear little Savi is waking up only once in the night. What a little contented baby! I was just reading all of the comments from yesterday's bees and bats discussion, and please close your minds those of you who like bats. I found one bat on the ground when we lived in N Stamford, and I beat it to death with the back side of the spade. It didn't stand a chance. I thought I was doing a good thing! All I knew was that bats can carry rabies. To change to something pleasant, Uncle Joe and Aunt Peggy are going with us tonight to the area high school's production of "Grease". Something fun on a cold, drizzly day (40 degrees--but who cares when the tulips, daffodils, hyacinths are blooming!) You know Aunt Nancy has been on vacation this week, returning the 5th and I'm sure will tell us all about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?