Monday, April 28, 2008

 

Day 799 - Happy Birthday, Marcia!



Happy Birthday, Marcia!

This is a great picture of Marcia from days gone by - clashing with the drapes.

I love this picture! What a dress!

Note that the top half of the dress looks to be the same material and color as the pillow on the sofa.

Is it by chance, or was that color just introduced in fabric at that time?

Other names for Marcia are 'Marci Ann' and 'Me Marsh', and 'The Boss'. My nickname 'Kado' (pronounced Kah-doo) was given to me by Marcia when she couldn't say 'Karen'.

Happy Birthday, Marcia!

Hope you have a great day and do something extra special for your birthday, like making some 'Fun Flowers', 'Creepy Crawlers', and 'Creeple People' with plastic goop.

Then top off your birthday celebration with a cake you made yourself in your Easy Bake Oven! I can still remember how those cakes tasted, and the smell of the plastic goop baking.

TTFN!


Comments:
Thanks, Karen. Boy, a whole blog devoted to me! Yes, I remember the taste of the easy bake oven food, it was the taste of packaged mixes that reek of chemicals- gee thanks, Mom!

I'm traveling today, and maybe we'll go out for Thai food or use a gift certificate we have for a Japanese place. Our house is coming along really fast- we're going to take some more pictures as we go along- the backyard, for example is several trees now instead of a tangle of stuff, but mostly dirt and piles of logs now,with the best trees saved, on it's way to being transformed into a driveway and bird atrium and grass and who knows what else. Kelly's doing a great job on the house. I have a couple more rooms to do inside, taking wallpaper off, but that's going fine, too. Our roof is done, the garage door frame is done, the shingles are being shipped.

Thanks for the birthday greetings, everyone. 42 is a great age to be alive.
 
Happy Birthday Marcia!!! I loved the easy bake oven...junk food all day! I loved playing with that oven goop too. Fun stuff! Sounds like you've done a ton already on your house!

Happy Monday everyone. It's rainy and cold and I'm ready to go back to bed...baby's not, but I am!!! xoxo
 
Happy Birthday, Marcia! So happy we spoke earlier today by phone. You and Kelly have a good time at dinner (no more Easy-Bake oven food--what did I know about chemicals back then? Just a trusting consumer, I guess. Sorry for any damage to my beautiful children!) Karen, thanks for that great picture of Marcia--one of my favorites! Heather, saying you could go back to bed but Savi wants to stay up, reminds me of a cute story about Marcia when she was about 2 yrs old, I would put Karen down for a nap (she was 3 mos old) then want to rest myself but Marcia would have none of that, so I went around locking all of the doors, then would lie down on the couch exhausted and Marcia would come and lie down on my back, and for some reason she was contented to rest that way, so we both managed to rest!
 
Great comments, everyone! Happy Birthday, Marci Ann!
 
Keep it up, great success! Bloggy wish a lot of good posts!
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?