Saturday, April 05, 2008

 

Day 776 - Off we go, into the wild, blue yonder...

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Sigh - I could just go on and on, whining about leaving, so I'd better talk about something else.

I had a wonderful time yesterday where I used to work - a whopping FOURTEEN YEARS ago. I have a funny story about my arrival.

It was pouring rain. My brother in law dropped me off at lunchtime, and I walked down the sidewalk to the front door. The front door wasn't THERE anymore! After some disorientation, I got rather wet walking to the side door which is the 'new' front entrance. A lot changes in fourteen years!

It was so nice to sit and chat with 'the gang'. Believe it or not, there were at least a dozen people still working there who I remember, and who remembered me. It brought back so many memories!

My friend Cheryl brought in lunch enough for several people. Thanks, Cher! Two of my former co-workers (my Manager and Team Lead) were so thoughtful, bringing gifts for Savannah. One of them was in a musical gift bag that played a lullaby when you opened it. Savannah loves her glow worm toy and fluffy pink blankie!

It was so touching. Thanks so much, BV and TB!

Other former co-workers came by with photos - children who were babies when I left, with prom and college pictures now!

I have a friend - Ellen - who I seldom see. She always says we are 'far away but always close', meaning that your friends are always safe and sound in your heart, right where they ought to be!

Isn't that nice?

TTFN - gotta fly back to Tennessee this afternoon!

Update at 12:05 PM...

I couldn't take it another minute!!! I just booked a flight on Southwest Airlines to come back for Memorial Weekend to see Savannah again!

I feel better now...


Comments:
I had such a nice time visiting with you Grandma Gigi! Come back again really soon! xoxo
 
This is a gray and a dreary looking day, my heart has an ache...and it won't stop!

SaviLynn is gazing at her loving GiGi. Staring and memorizing her face as I write this. Awesome to see.

Now she's drowsy, sooo drowsy. That Grammy from Tennesee knows how to put me to sleep, says little Savi.
I'm hoping we'll all be together again soon...
 
So sad to see you go, Karen; but what a wonderful week we have had with Heather and SaviLynn, Lyn and Steve, Evan, Chris, Cheryl, you and me too! (And Great-Grampa Gil last weekend!) What a blessing this week has been! Safe flight, Karen! Hi to Grampa Chrlie!
 
I am so thrilled you will be here again next month! I can't wait, I can't wait!!! Yay!!! xoxo I miss you already and Savi looked out the window all the way home..I watched her in her monkey mirror. She loved spending all week with you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?