Monday, March 24, 2008

 

Day 764 - Easter Plus One

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-ghers!

Did you have a nice Easter?

We did, and yes we fixed the refrigerator leak - the water line that goes into the fridge for the ice maker needed tightening. That was incentive to clean under the fridge and get the kitchen floor washed too. Traditional Easter activity...

I can't complain that it's Monday (for a change), because I leave FRIDAY AFTERNOON for a nice long visit to New England to meet little Savannah in person.

She's already been hearing me and seeing me via webcam, but maybe she thinks I'm a cartoon... Yeah, yeah, pretty accurate, I know!

Hey, Buddy Joe - you will want to know that when we went to Papa Boudreaux's Cajun place on Saturday afternoon - they have Shrimp 'n Grits there now, and MAN IS IT EVER GOOD!

The waitress told me they usually sell out in about 2 hours so better get there when they open like we usually do. Feel free to go with Charlie while I am away. They are open Sunday now.

Have a great Monday and TTFN!

Comments:
Happy Monday!
Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was until night time. Apparently Savi didn't like what I had for Easter dinner and she screamed bloody murder half the night. Calming her was near impossible. Must have had an awfully sick belly...even her gas drops did little to comfort her. My poor baby. I'm exhausted and sore from excessive nursing and being kicked in the belly all night as she freaked out. At least she's starting to feel better today!
 
Poor Savi and Savismamma! Glad both of you are feeling better this morning! Amazing how food can affect breast milk and hence the baby! When she grows up she'll probably like shrimp 'n grits, Cajun style. Not for me, Karen! Have a good week, Karen and we'll see you when Gil and I arrive on Sat.
 
I would LOVE shrimp and grits...but maybe not Cajun style...Can't believe you'll both be here in less than a week! FUN!
 
All I can say, for my part is that I'm glad to have that weekend OVER with.

The picture of the Pretty Pink Easter Bunny is so precious!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, and I look forward to making Easter Dinner for us all when we are together next week!
 
Heather, what did you eat?
The bunny photo is adorable.
I love Cajun food but I don't eat grits.

I had a perfect Easter day with my friend of 33 years and her husband of 25 years. In the high 60's, glorious sunshine, wonderful brunch, whale watching and spring flowers at Point Reyes National Seashore, followed by pizza and Easter basket raiding. Since I don't generally eat sugar any more, the chocolate was a shock to my system and I didn't sleep very well, but it was worth it.
 
we had corned beef and cabbage w cheesecake....should've known..
 
Heather - might want to keep a food diary in your SPARE TIME...See you soon! xxxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?