Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

Day 746 - Big Events Happening Today!

Greetings, Bloggy Thirstin' for Thursdayers!

If all goes as planned, I will become a GRANDMOTHER today! Today - 03-06-08!

I am sure we all have highly interesting labor stories, don't we?

For example, did you know that I was born early, at home, in the BATHROOM, and my first bed was a DRAWER that served as a bassinet? My mother had no help at all with my birth, she said I just 'fell out'. She called the doctor and explained that she just had her baby and the doctor didn't believe her!

When I was in labor with Heather - I could overhear crazed women in the community labor room cursing their husbands?

I went into labor ON Heather's due date, but it took so long she was actually born at 2am the next morning.

When I was in labor with Evan and needed to go to the hospital - my ex didn't appreciate getting up at 5am and said 'Are you SURE?' We went to the hospital and Evan was delivered just a few hours later. I was so calm with this labor that an intern 'interviewing' me asked 'Are you HAVING labor pains?'

Oops! It's quarter after 6 - I need to go! Everyone think positive thoughts today for Heather and Savannah!

Comments:
Good Morning Karen, almost-a-grandmother! I'm praying everything goes well today for Heather and little Savannah! Actually, Karen, when you were born, I had been having labor pains all day, and the doctor believed it was false labor, told me to take a couple of aspirin and go to bed. The labor pains strengthened, and I got up and headed for the bathroom when my bag of waters broke, and then in one big push, you were born and I caught you in my hands, then went back to the bedroom and wrapped you in a pillow case, then called the doctor who then came right over. I never did go to the hospital! At the time you were born, your father was outside brushing snow off the car, preparing to go to the hospital if necessary. You certainly were a beautiful sight (and still are!)
 
Peggy, I can't believe "dad" was outside brushing snow off the car--what a hilarious story. Even though I'm sure it was scary it was quick which is a good thing. (Karen, you have kept this quickness and get to itiveness throughout your life!)

We're all thinking of mom and baby, grandmother and great grandmother today!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?