Wednesday, March 05, 2008

 

Day 745 - Still at Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Do you have your bunny suit ready for Easter?

There is a little boy at the pool who IS a real life 'Ralphie' from 'A Christmas Story'.

He has a swimming lesson on Tuesday afternoons, so I have seen him several times. He gave me a little wave yesterday, so he recognized me too.

He looks like Ralphie, he talks like Ralphie, and his name is 'Cameron', which is SO appropriate for his personality type.

Yesterday his swim instructor and the lifeguard asked him to do his 'Elvis impression'.

He climbed up out of the pool and did a 20 second Elvis - a full-body jiggle while strumming his air guitar. I couldn't hear what he sang because I was in the water, but it was hilarious anyway. He leaped back into the water afterwards with a big splash, grinning with pride.

Complaint: His 'swim teacher' is a high school senior, and the lifeguard is a teenager as well. I thought to myself - 'Well, I'm a senior too. A SENIOR CITIZEN that is'... Well, almost anyway.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone! Or - Happy Cinco de Marcho!

TTFN!

Comments:
Cinco de Marcho!! Woo hoo! I'll be hospital bound later today...cannot wait for that! I dilated a whole centimeter since last week...how pitiful. Not much longer now! I am scheduled to be induced at 5:30am tomorrow (going in for 'ripening' tonight...sounds yucky) Wish me luck!! xoxo
 
Aren't you ahead of the game with Cinco de Marcho? What a cute story about Cameron, and cute picture of Ralphie in his bunny suit! Tonight and tomorrow are the waiting time for your new granddaughter! I'm praying all goes well for Heather and Savannah! A freezing rain here this morning and 16 degrees making a slippery mealy mush on the roads. Gil and I had early morning appmts and stopped at DD for breakfast, sandwiches, reminding me of when you and I would go there for same whenever you came back to Rehoboth to visit! Have a good day everyone!
 
I feel so guilty (har har) with temp in the 60's and and not a cloud in the sky.
I have many fond memories of DD with Johnny's family in the 60's and 70's and later with "Mom" during our Cape Cod trips.

Hang in there, Heather! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?